Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Heaven (Treasure)

Heaven is Burried tresure that no man's lived to discover
For years men have been searching trying to uncover
A mystery, a foreign land that reminds us all of home
Some shrug it off as makebelieve & those ones die alone


A ship of a thought sailed through my head the other day
Its name was Something More
No matter how hard I tried or with the Crow Bar of my mind pryed
The ship was stuck on shore


I recken this is about when it hit me
a fact that I'd denied and tried to hide since I's a boy
That ship in my mind had served to remind a dull witted human like me
That the treasure was real and tied to the keel was a burning that made me believe


Well, I searched for that treasure

and the whole earth I measured looking to find a way out
and as it turns out the burning inside burned that ship down to the depths

and along with a shout i felt very devout and found myself at pearly gated golden steps

Its not hard to forget when im living in it

the burning wasn't messin about
I guess the treasure was real and so was my zeal
it took me to die to find that one out

No comments:

Post a Comment