Friday, September 24, 2010

#1 A writing from the thoughts of my mind discerning ESOAL and my experience

The Wed. night ESOAL started was led up to by about a day of my innards churning with anticipation.
Mostly the unknown is what kept me anxious, I can't imagine the feelings of the January's who are here who had been waiting for 8 or so months.
We gathered for worship Wed. night at 8:30 and it was a not bad at all.  Soon after we finished corporate worship, preporation for ESOAL started.  Although many thought it was officially ESOAL starting it was indeed not for a spell before the actual ESOAL began.  During the hours following worship we as a company of 41 persons cleaned up all the chairs with 3 other company's in the auditorium.  Those chairs would not be pulled back out for another good 5 days.  After cleaning up chairs with 100+ people, which goes very fast, we did some excersise and abb work out and thats when lots of people including myself started to realize this was going to be a long few days, especially if we did not engage our minds.  We were ordered to go to various places after this and ultimatly ended up on the Anvil where the basketball courts are.  The courts had been sprayed down and many of the facilitators thought it was rain but either way, all of the companies got to lay down and sleep in water for a couple hours.  It got cold, I was a bit shivered because I had nothing but my sleevless under armour which dries fast but also cools a person down in the process.  After finding various ways to stay close to other guys using the what I like to call "Move Coals Close Together And Make Everyone Warmer" Effect, we proceeded to the football feild.  At the Football Feild everyone participated in a Ceremonial type deal where the Majors where introduced and the traditions were carried out.  At this the announcment was made ESOAL had officially started. 
Boy Howdy, did we know not what we were in for... To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment