Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gauntlet ya

Gauntlet was packed with worship through music, great speakers, wonderful material, fast deep friendships and God's work in many people including me.  During Gauntlet, I had to deal with everything that I placed higher than God.  God cleaned up all known dissension and I confessed all known sins.  I got to a point where I was not exactly sure what to do.  I found myself amongst 300 plus other singing inters all with the general intention to worship God.  Something was void.  There was defiantly something that was holding me back.  I asked myself, Do I have to be the camel aimlessly trying to fit through the eye of the needle?"  I thought, "Surely worship is more than this.  Surely the God over everything has more than what I am feeling."  Finally pleading with God, I fell to my knees and cried out, "I want to want to want you more than anything else. I want to come to you with everything.  When I finally got to the edge of myself, where I was trying to convince God that He needed to help me, He finally had me where He wanted me.  Knowing that life flows from naught but He, that is the real place I needed to be.  Of everything, I had to let go, and with everything I had to follow Him.  I was brought to tears letting go of worldly things that I loved.  Disappointed, I was when the 4 guys from my room were selected to go to the other dorm.  We were tight even if it hadn't even been 2 weeks and I would miss them.  I didn't really care for getting to know my new roommates at first.  I figured God knew I would have too much fun and not make time to study and get homework done if my roommates stayed.  Low and behold we are all getting along and connecting in ways I didnt imagine.  Growing closer and assisting each other in all areas of life will continue to develop all of us. I think God will use me in my ministry placement to reveal His glory specifically through God answering prayer and revealing Himself to people more and more through obedience and humility.  I believe God will allow me to talk and minister too many of His designated messengers.  I think God will let me to be used by Him in the steps to get people out on missions trips.  I wrestled with much during Gauntlet and came to a place of peace and purpose in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment